Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sushi, Diamonds and Exes, Oh My!

Last night we took my daughter out for her 12th to a Japanese restaurant. It was me, PC, my son, my daughter, PC's two kids and my ex husband Tony. (I can use his real name cuz there is like a million Tonys in the world.) It was a tad bit awkward but overall we had a good time. Tony was on his best behavior and put on a good show that he is not this bad guy and was oh so nice. He even bought PC and I a round of drinks. And when we went outside to leave, I could have sworn that he wanted to give PC a big hug and a kiss. (I think Tony likes you PC!!) PC and I agreed that he just didn't want to leave us and drive home by himself.

He also bought Taylor this elaborate gift, more for like a 16 year old. He had a necklace and earrings made for her in white gold, diamonds and blue sapphires and the sapphires were all cut from the same stone. Of course he didn't pick this jewelry out for her himself. He never had any taste or an eye for jewelry. His new girlfriend apparently has an Uncle in NY that hooked him up and made them for her. They were quite lovely but a bit over the top for a 12 year old. Yes, he out did me.

I got her two tickets to Sunday's Panthers game, a Panthers pink t-shirt and another long sleeve shirt for underneath. PC is taking her on Sunday to the game and a very large tailgate party with like 100 people there. There will be tons of food and she will have a good time. I also got her a MP3 player and went in with her dad on a $75 gift certificate for Deb, this store she likes to shop at.

PC got her TWO DS games that she wanted. All in all, she made out like a bandit. Oh, and I forgot that Tony's girlfriend got her a $20 gift certificate for some store in the mall that none of us heard of. He of course gave that to her at the table too. Keep in mind that my daughter has never met Tony's girlfriend face to face before and has only talked to her over the phone or computer at her dad's house. But hell, she'll take the gift. I get to have the fun taking her shopping with it. (Evil laugh) Like I said, she did very well for herself this year.

No comments: