Friday, September 26, 2008

Knish Anyone?

Last night I attempted to make PC homemade knishes. He said I did a good job. I followed the recipe and made to sour cream dipping sauces on the side. One with fresh chives and the other with fresh dill. I had never had a knish, so I had no idea if I did it right or not. PC said that I did it right.
He brought some to work with him for lunch and/or breakfast today and the dog did not wind up with them, so I suppose they were good.
The good thing is that I can see where the recipe can be altered to make different variations of a knish. This is exactly what I plan on doing. Plus I did not like the log style that the recipe called for last night. Next time I will make individual ones, rather than cut the log per say. Also I think I can make other complimentary sauces and such to dip the knish into. Experimenting with different ones is going to be fun. Plus, I think I needed to roll the dough out more and thinner. PC was right. I am the bomb!! My future mother in law will love me. Now on to the harder stuff.

No comments: